Thursday, October 14, 2010

my flavor's real

"My Flavor's Real" is a tagline from a Coca-Cola campaign, and this came to life for me last night.

Most people know how I feel about Coke, I heart them. I love diet coke and it just makes me think of sunshine, the south, and bubbles! Add a slice of lime, and I'm a happy woman.

Last night in a store in Singapore, Dom spotted these:

In case you are wondering, those are Coca-Cola branded lipgloss, chapstick, etc. They come in Sprite, Coke and Fanta flavors. They appear to be a collaboration with the lipsmackers brand.

Lipsmackers has been bringing us flavored chapstick and lipgloss since I was little, maybe even longer! I remember rummaging through the beauty section of Wal-Mart age 12 to find a yummy flavor that may, just may, give my lips a bit of color and therefore bypass my mom's no make-up rule.

With the assortment of flavors that have been out for so long, I'm only surprised this didn't happen sooner. It seems like a no-brainer! Can we now expect Coca-Cola branded candy instead of 'cola flavored' candy?

I was so excited by my hubby's find, that I was prepared to buy a pack of three ritht then and there. Then I noticed they were $15.

This forced me to re-evaluate and I decided that in fact I haven't worn lipsmackers in 15 years, and well, I can actually buy real grown up lipstick for less.

I'll hit up the MAC counter instead. You?

4 comments:

blaire said...

Dalton, i think they're $2 here. I'll send ya some ;)

Melanie Gao said...

In Beijing I would have assumed that someone had unscrupulously pilfered both the lipsmackers logo and the Coca-Cola logo and glommed them together with no respect for either. :)

And you're right, $15 is ridiculous.

Unknown said...

let me just say... i remember the dr. pepper flavor from when i was about 9 haha

Dalton said...

The price is totally crazy, if I'm not wrong, the single ones pictured were between $5-7 dollars.

@ Corey - I completely forgot, there WAS a Dr. Pepper flavor. haha