Monday, October 4, 2010

trouble with a capital T

The week before we moved out of our house in Singapore, I thought we should take advantage of the unusually large yard (by Singapore standards) since our new place has just a 'patch' of grass. So I whipped out the hose and as Niamh was jumping on her trampoline, shot her with a lil blast of water.

Well she acted all bent out of shape, and I just thought, 'surely no child of mine dislikes a good ol play in the hose', I mean, who needs a pool when you have a hose? A childhood is practically incomplete without some serious memories of splashing around at home.

Well, the tables turned as soon as I let her give me a squirt with the hose. Pretty soon my prissy little princess was no longer complaining about her hair getting wet and we were both soaked through our clothes. We put the hose away and went inside to show Dom how much fun we had, and then we changed into dry clothes.

We went back downstairs and Niamh went outside to play in the yard - I started prepping dinner in the kitchen and peeked out to check on her after a few minutes.

This is what I found:

I was basically met by a half naked child with a defiant look on her face, and the threat of the hose being unleashed into my living room.

I may have created a monster...

No comments: