Wednesday, February 16, 2011

breakfast of champions

Lately my mini-me has been getting up in the morning and going downstairs without waking us up. While part of me wants to rejoice at an extra half hour of sleep, the other part of me wakes up in a panic about what she is up to.

Normally, I'm woken up by the dog being let in the house, the front door noisily opening (our yard is fenced in and she can't unlock the gate), or some other loud noise.

Today I thought I was up before her, because the house was very quiet. At 7:15 I went downstairs and noticed the front door was open, and I could see her sitting on the front porch on the lounge chair, with the dog at her side. This was such a cute, peaceful image, so I crept up with my phone to take a picture.

Then I saw it. The breakfast of champions.


The princess had poured herself a bowl of Valentine's candy for breakfast. So unfortunately, I started my day not with a 'good morning' a hug or a kiss, but a lecture about how we don't eat candy for breakfast.

Then I fed her a bowl of frosted flakes out of pity, which probably has the same nutritional value as the bowl of candy.

1 comment:

Xanthe said...

I have all of these joys to come - keep posting as I am looking to you for inspiration on motherhood xxx