Monday, July 4, 2011

There's always a solution

One of the things I loved most about living and working in China was that there was always a solution. The answer is never really 'No' - there is always a way around the problem at hand. I admire this ability for limitless possibilities. It makes China exceptionally exciting, it has possibly, also made me petulant about the organization and limitations of working in a more 'Western' style. But that's another discussion.

However, just because there is always a solution to a problem, doesn't mean the solution is a good one - as this video reminds me.

Here is a driver in China, going over the footbridge to get around a traffic jam. Seriously? I'm shocked they could even pull this off, but possibly the best part of the video is that people continue to try and walk around the car. If I got to the stairs and saw a car at top facing down on me, I would NOT keep walking towards it. Especially the guy with the baby in his arms....

Watch the whole video, it's worth it.

No comments: