Friday, August 6, 2010

why is this necessary? the candwich

Why is this necessary? No seriously, what the heck is going on here?


Todayshow.com contributer looks at this new product, and I think her caption sums it up:
Have you been hankering for a food product that can roll around inside your car for months before you eat it? If so, look no further.
One of my favorite things to do when I go home is go to the grocery store. I love checking out all the new options and products and even fresh fruit trends. Since I've moved to Asia, what has been on-shelf back home has changed drastically. Things that impress me are the pary mix packs of chips (doritos, cheetos, pretzels, etc), the pomegranate craze, low fat/low sugar varieties of just about anything, and high-fiber instant oatmeal.

But what alarms me, is the way food is available for 'convenience' for longer and longer periods of time. On the inside, if we think about it, we know that's not 'right'.

Parents especially are prone to grab snacks that can stay fresh longer, such as in a diaper bag (hello goldfish!) yet we all want our kids to eat healthy. Nothing would make me feel better than to think that Niamh was eating in a perfect, clean way. Spinach for dinner instead of a hot dog. So I admitt, I hardly have it right. But this just grosses me out.

Would YOU buy the candwich? Is this something that's going to be as common as the microwave dinner in 5 years time?

No comments: